Wednesday 21 May 2008

Mr Puffin and the Sunset

Sounds like a children's book doesn't it? HappyI went up to Duncansby head with the kids yesterday, we've DSCF0100discovered a new beach so we went there first and I sat watching the Fulmars drop shellfish on the rocks while the kids played in the sand dunes. I took a few photos, but nothing I'm that pleased with. When we moved on up to Duncansby head itself, we headed straight for the geo where all the birds nest. It's manic, like a council estate for those of the feathered persuasion!

DSCF0138Anyway, we were puffin spotting, I stood there for ages and didn't see any puffins, as soon as I turned away Rachel shouted "There's one!" It took me a couple of minutes to figure out where she was pointing, but she was right.

 

I was sat in the kitchen looking out at the sunset last night for a while before I gave and went out to try and get a photo of it. I've tried it before and the results have been crap. I'm obviously getting better though (a bit anyway) cos I took these Big Grin

 

DSCF0194

DSCF0187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger