Sunday 3 August 2008

Aaaargh!!! Midgies!!!

Today we have been prisoners in our own home. The midgies have been out in force! According to the midge forecast, we have a negligible risk of midgies today. They obviously didn't tell the midgies that!

A couple of months ago, I invested in a net thingummy for the front door. To try and stop the little beggars, or at least slow them down a bit. I tried to get hubby to help me fit it..... Well, to cut a long story short, we ended up doing an emergency fitting today, whilst being swarmed and eaten alive! A couple of hours later we were standing behind our newly fitted midge net thingummy, watching them land on it and then crawl in through the tiny holes. Aaaaaargh!!

I think I've cracked it now. I've sprayed the net with Vapona fly spray and DEET. So, next time I look out one of two things will have happened.

  1. The midgies that haven't been cruelly assassinated by the Vapona will have been repelled by the DEET and I can stand there and smoke my cigarette in peace.
  2. The chemical cocktail I've sprayed onto the net will have vaporised/disintegrated it and those midgies which aren't rolling around he floor laughing, will launch a revenge attack on me.

Bloody midgies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger