Friday 28 March 2008

It's my birthday!!

It's my birthday. Yay!! I think... Do I really want to celebrate getting older? Ummm... Nope! But, then again, it's an excuse to get somebody else to do the washing up and everyone has to be nice to me for a day Smile

Actually, it's been really good this year. Hubby bought me a car, so I have my bit of independence back and I'm not stuck indoors when he's working away. I've had lots of birthday wishes sent by my new friends on Caithness.org. I have to keep reminding myself that they are real people whom I happen to never have met, otherwise I tend to think of them as virtual friends which is only really one step away from imaginary friends!Worried and from there it's on to madness....

I was sung happy birthday via MSN messenger (Thank you Rob) and my family wished me happy birthday from Ireland, also via MSN.

I had 2 happy birthday texts (Thank you Martin and Kirsteen)

So.... All in all a good birthday so far, Thank Goddess for modern technology, otherwise it would have been one card (Thank you Mary)

Grant is arriving today for his spring visit, so there's another birthday treat. I fully intend to have a few drinks this evening, so it'll be nice not to be doing that on my own. Makes me feel like an old lush! Mind you MSN tends to come to the rescue there as well, just find a friend who is logged on and having a drink, et voila, I'm not drinking on my own... I'm having a drink with a friend (who just happens to be 500 miles away)

Anyhoo, time's a wastin'! I'm half way to 70, so I can't sit here typing twaddle all day. I've got bungee jumping and abseiling to get on with... or maybe just another cup of tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger